This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes :
- To travel in transit through the Kingdom in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country (category "TS")
- To participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.)(category "S") ***
*** Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month, Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them.
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category "C")
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely filled out
- Two (2) recent (2 x 2 inches) photos of the applicant
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (confirmed air ticket paid in full)
- Evidence of adequate finance (10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family)
- Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document
- Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in the Kingdom
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
Please visit Visa Fees page
Validity of a Visa
The validity of a visa is 3 months.
Period of Stay
Travellers coming to Thailand with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period not exceeding 30 days.
Extension of Stay
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located at Government Centre B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.